Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh, Hello There.

This is Crap on a Pancake. I don't really know what the title means, other than it's a phrase I made up because I'm totally crazy. "Crap on a Pancake" is meant to be used as an interjection, not as a descriptor for what you had for breakfast. For example, if one were to say "Crap on a pancake! That's a huge rat!" this usage is consistent with the intended purpose of the phrase. However, if I were to ask you what you had for breakfast and you said "I don't know, some crap on a pancake," this usage, while possibly both true and delicious, is inconsistent with the intended purpose of the phrase.

I am writing this blog because I fear I may have over-saturated my internet and real life friends with Facebook status messages and wall postings, Twitter, Google Buzz, Gchat status updates, and probably just generally being around. With Crap on a Pancake, I now have an outlet and no longer have to force my friends to listen to me, because you're listening to me, blog. You're listening. Now, if any of my friends get the urge to be bored or have a liiiiiiittle too much information about me than they need, they can come here. They won't. But they can.

I will not write about the following things on this blog: anything praising ketchup, specifics on who I am or what I do (I've seen the Lifetime movies. I know that anyone with a computer and internet access eventually gets a stalker who tries to kill everyone in her family. I'm not interested in a stalker. Unless he's cute. Or rich. Eh, fuck it. I'm totally interested in a stalker), the goddamn Olympics, Two and a Half Men, Dan fucking Brown, and college football. And I promise you this, internet. The day I write a blog post drunk at 4am about how pathetic my life is is the day I quit blogging.

So, let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment